Join Dr. Krister Lowe and today’s guest and pioneering organizational coach Dr. Dorothy Siminovitch for this week’s episode of The Team Coaching Zone Podcast.
The Excellent Executive host, Dr. Katrina Burrus, MCC asks Dorothy Siminovitch the following questions:
- What can you say about yourself in two minutes that gives us a picture of yourself as a coach, your approach to Gestalt coaching and you as a person?
- You are identified as being the champion and visionary of gestalt coaching. How do you describe, “Gestalt coaching”?
- Why Gestalt? Why use that body of knowledge for a coaching approach?
- You refer frequently to “awareness intelligence.” How do you define and apply that term?
- What’s next for you and for Gestalt coaching?
Gestalt, meaning “picture” or “story” is so powerful because it makes the implicit more explicit, or as Dorothy likes to say the invisible more visible. It’s like “Pragmatic Magic”. Gestalt therapy was among the most favoured approaches in psychology in the late 1970’s and 80’s, giving way to CBT and other forms of psychotherapy. Dorothy Siminovitch, Ph.D, MCC has brought the school and it’s fundamental principles across into coaching where, perhaps, it always belonged.