intervention mastery skills: presence and strategic use of self
This program is accredited 25 CCEUs
Personal and professional mastery means that we are aware of what we evoke and responsible for what we provoke. As coaches, we are tasked with being present in our presence and being able to leverage our presence in order to: be aware of who we are; act choicefully in the moment; strengthen our capacity to influence and to inspire others; and nurture our ability to effectively intervene across multiple levels of system relevant to the client. Skillful leveraging of presence requires excellent process management skills that invite awareness, choice, and innovation.
This workshop draws from Gestalt foundations, and is designed to explore coaching presence and to develop a perceptive and strategic use of self that can make a difference in clients’ personal and professional lives. We offer a highly experiential, relational, and feedback-rich workshop that allows our participants to practice what they are learning in the observant, supportive company of equally committed peers and experienced Gestalt practitioners.
- Strengthen awareness of their distinctive presence
- Explore their impact and effectiveness as intervener at multiple levels of system
- Identify their access to both intimacy and strategic action
- Learn developmental strategies to increase personal and professional mastery
November 28-30, 2017
$1,700usd HST included (see flyer for details)
Graduates of coach training programs: Ask about a 10% scholarship reduction.
Downtown Toronto, TBA
Contact for registration and billing
Martha Lannoch, Administrator, at email@example.com
Presence and Use of Self: personal and professional mastery
This program is accredited 25 ICF CCEUs
- Strengthen awareness of your distinctive presence
- Explore the impact you make as a group leader
- Identify your access to both intimacy and strategic action
- Learn developmental strategies to increase personal mastery
If you are a coach, consultant, leader, or other professional who wishes to influence and inspire others, you are invited to join us to explore the gifts of your personal presence and your skills in using yourself as an instrument to open the doors of possibility for yourself and others. This highly experiential 3-day workshop is designed to address key aspects of your presence and your intentional use of self in the service of effectiveness, creativity, and satisfaction: your Awareness IQ.
A core belief of the Gestalt approach is that a self-aware and compelling presence is a critical practitioner success variable that goes beyond the scope of specific tools. A compelling presence is a competitive advantage for coaches, consultants, and leaders. We will be using the essence of the Gestalt approach to support use of your Awareness IQ.
The workshop uses the power of groups as a vehicle for exploring presence and use of self across levels of system: individuals, dyads, the group itself, and the larger institutional context of the group. Group configurations provide the practice opportunities that are accompanied by varied and intense feedback regarding participants’ leadership styles and skills.
The workshop is limited to 20 people and will be conducted in English.
April 3–5, 2017
BÜMED (Boğaziçi Üniversitesi Mezunlar Derneği), Istanbul, Turkey
- $1,100 USD + VAT
- $950 USD + VAT if you are a graduate of the Gestalt Coaching Program or a similar program
To register, contact Ceren Aydoes at firstname.lastname@example.org
Gestalt GroupWorks – Coaching Groups & teams
This program is accredited 44 ICF CCEU hours
We invite coaches, counselors, HR professionals, and leaders who are interested in working with groups and teams who would like to develop their presence and use of self in a group/team setting to this powerful and dynamic learning experience. A Gestalt approach to group work is the methodology of the training–a method of working with groups that has proved effective in numerous settings, such as organizational change interventions, group coaching, therapy, and workshop leading.
In this training:
- Program participants will be presented with Gestalt theory, concepts, and practice that influence observation and intervention skills for working at multiple levels of group process.
- Teaching and practice sessions are designed to support skill development in working with groups.
- Use of Self groups are designed to facilitate participants’ integration of group leadership issues.
- The experiential learning power of this Gestalt workshop is enhanced by three afternoon working sessions with a volunteer client group.
- At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to identify and use the basic method of Gestalt group work and to lead various kinds of groups.
This workshop supports participants to become effective facilitators of group process in various setups, including coaching groups and teams, organizational development, change management leadership, and more.
- We will be working in English (Turkish or French translation when needed).
- Maximum number of participants is 20.
Dorothy E. Siminovitch, PhD, MCC
Dost Can Deniz, MBA, MCC
June 21–26, 2016
Hilton ParkSA, Maçka, İstanbul
$1,990 USD + VAT (We offer a 5% discount for Gestalt Coaching Program in Istanbul graduates)
For further information
Please call or email Seda Yilmazyurt +90 (212) 325 98 50 / email@example.com
Presence and Mastery in Use of Self: Being an Agent of Awareness and Choice
- Are you aware of your distinctive presence?
- Are you satisfied with the impact you have?
- Can you be bold when you need to be?
- Can you access both intimacy and agency when needed?
- Can you respond in the right moment, where possibility exists?
A core belief of the Gestalt approach is that a self-aware and compelling presence is a critical practitioner success variable that goes beyond the scope of specific tools. A compelling presence is a competitive advantage for coaches, consultants, and leaders. Although defining presence is challenging because of its uniqueness across individuals, it is a decisive factor in attracting clients and inspiring others.
This highly experiential 3-day workshop is designed to address key aspects of your presence and your intentional use of self in the service of effectiveness, creativity, and satisfaction. Assessing and developing one’s own presence requires the context of others. We learn about the impact of our presence only by learning what we evoke or provoke in others. Thus the creation of a safe environment, with a rigorous demand for courage and trust, is an essential component of the workshop.
The workshop uses the power of groups as a vehicle for exploring presence and use of self across levels of system: individuals, dyads, the group itself, and the larger institutional context of the group. Group configurations provide the practice opportunities that are accompanied by varied and intense feedback regarding participants’ leadership styles and skills. Participants will work with their impact as a group leader and with follow-up development strategies to increase personal mastery of and satisfying use of self for effective leadership.
Who Should Attend
The workshop is open to coaches, consultants, trainers, HR specialists, leaders, and graduates of any coach training program that has introduced the applicant to the concept of “presence.”
Come ready to:
- Increase your awareness and your capacity to act choicefully in the moment
- Strengthen your capacity to influence and inspire others with your presence
- Develop greater self-trust in your ability to skillfully intervene
- Learn practices that strengthen your interventions across system levels
June 18–20, 2015
BÜMED (Boğaziçi Üniversitesi Mezunlar Derneği), Istanbul, Turkey
Early Bird Discount $1,400 USD + VAT by May 15, 2015
Full Registration $1,600 USD + VAT
Awareness IQ™ for Presence and Use of Self
This program is accredited 7.5 ICF CCEU hours
Effective and inspiring use of self in coaching, consulting, or leadership rests in the strength of using one’s awareness intelligence. Awareness IQ™ is an evolutionary understanding of Gestalt practice that brings awareness of mind, emotion, soma, and spirit together for extraordinary outcomes. Dorothy is offering a one-day introduction to and exploration of the power of using one’s Awareness IQ™ in the service of assisting others to achieve their goals and dreams and to recognize new possibilities. We will use a community setting to explore and amplify learning opportunities. Whether you are a graduate of the Gestalt approach or new to this method, you are invited to join what is designed as an intensive, high-energy day of collegial learning and discovery.
This 1-day workshop is a call-out to coaches, consultants, or leaders who wish to explore and make contact with their use of self as intervener, and to become aware of new possibilities for themselves. The workshop will be highly experiential and experimental and will have “in the moment” teachings.
Come ready to:
- Understand and gain greater awareness of your presence through Awareness IQ™
- Explore the quality of your impact on others
- Receive doable strategies to embody and integrate your strengths
- Learn development activities that move you toward your desired potential
Dorothy Siminovitch, PhD, MCC, CSC
December 10, 2014
BÜMED (Boğaziçi Üniversitesi Mezunlar Derneği), İstanbul
Gestalt-Based Coaching: Strengthening Your Coaching Toolkit
A Presentation to the ICF Toronto Chapter
Dorothy E. Siminovitch, PhD, MCC, CSC
This dynamic session introduces you to Gestalt-based coaching and demonstrates its relevance to 21st-century coaching challenges. Gestalt theory has been proven effective, and its influence is visible in the underpinnings of many different modern coaching practices. This workshop focuses on core Gestalt practitioner concepts: Awareness IQ™ as a core competency in use of self as a coach and in choice points for effective intervention, the dynamics of Figure/Ground, and the Paradoxical Theory of Change.
Short didactics on the key principles of Gestalt coaching will be presented, along with coaching exercises that illustrate the power of Gestalt practice—experiential, experimental, and always “in the moment,” where choice resides.
Participants may expect to learn:
- An introduction to the Gestalt Cycle of Awareness
- Understanding your awareness patterns
- Identifying the power of awareness as an act of intervention in coaching practice
- Linking awareness to accountability as two powerful aspects of coaching
Path of Mastery in Gestalt Coaching in Istanbul
A 1-year advanced training program for EGCP Graduates
Gila Şeritçioğlu, MA, MCC
Dorothy Siminovitch, PhD, MCC
Dost Deniz, MBA, MCC
The Eurasian Gestalt Center proudly invites graduates of the Eurasian Gestalt Coaching Program to an advanced learning experience aimed at developing increased mastery in Gestalt coaching and practice. Gestalt theory, concepts, and methods are robust and profoundly powerful when the approach emerges as personal art and skill mastery. This program is designed for those students who wish to invest in the discipline required to bring art and mastery to their Gestalt-based practice.
This powerful program supports:
- Your growth in your intentional use of self as instrument by assisting you to access and integrate your distinctive strengths
- Your growth as a coach and Gestalt practitioner and trainer in intervention across stages of group development and levels of system
- Your business as a coach
This program offers:
- One of the three program leaders assigned as your faculty advisor/mentor, who will support you in your growth process, identify areas to attend to, and help you develop personal learning agendas and strategies
- Coaching/mentoring sessions with your faculty mentor (a total of ten hours over the period of the program)
- Use of Self as Coach group sessions (a total of ten sessions over a year, during and between sessions)
- Four 3-day exclusive advanced workshops designed for program participants
- Opportunities to be privileged observers for one week of the next EGCP training
- Reading assignments, projects, homework, online discussions, and other structures to support learning and growth
** Although not part of the program, we strongly recommend participants of this advanced program to attend the Gestalt Groupworks workshop held in August 2014 in Istanbul.
Gestalt GroupWorks (recommended): August 25–30, 2014
Program start and first exclusive workshop: November 27–29, 2014
Second exclusive workshop: January 8–10, 2015
Third exclusive workshop: March 19–21, 2015
Fourth exclusive workshop: June 30–July 2, 2015
Use Of Self Group dates: Approx. once every month
Access the EGCP 2014-2015 dates (each participant will join one session)
$12,500 USD + VAT
A fee of $400 is due at registration. Participants will pay the remainder in 9 installments, with an initial payment of $2,500 at the start of the program (November) and 8 installments of $1,200 each month thereafter, from December 1st through July 1st. A 5% reduction will be applied if full payment is received before the program begins.
The application deadline is August 1, 2014. Contact Seda at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 325 98 50 for further information or to apply.
“I was expecting an ordinary training workshop. It was not . . . This workshop has given me the power to [make] contact with myself, and more than that, the power to change myself.”
Didem TEKAY, OD & Talent Management
Management Center Turkey