The Art and Power of Gestalt GroupWork
Working with groups and teams requires a grounded presence, the ability to hold multiple perspectives, and a strategic use of self to meet emerging challenges. One of the most effective ways to strengthen one’s presence and use of self is through the practice of facilitating groups and teams. This 5½-day experiential workshop draws from Gestalt concepts and practices to develop beginning mastery in group interventions.
- Be introduced to the principles of Awareness IQ, the synthesis of coaching presence and use of self as vehicles to strengthen learning, mindful change, and better choices.
- Learn Gestalt theory, concepts, and practices that enhance observation and intervention skills for working at all levels of group process
- Join in a personal learning group to facilitate integration of group leadership issues
- Experience working with a volunteer client group, where there is opportunity to practice and to receive immediate feedback on your presence and use of self as a group leader
Mastery in Intervention: Presence and Use of Self
Dorothy E. Siminovitch, PhD, MCC & Gestalt Center for Coaching Faculty
Personal and professional mastery means that we are aware of what we evoke through our presence and responsible for what we provoke through our use of self—the intentional leveraging of our presence. Powerful use of self requires excellent process management skills that invite client awareness, choice, and creative adaptation.
Drawing from Gestalt foundations, we offer a highly experiential, relational, and feedback-rich workshop that allows our participants to practice what they are learning in the observant, supportive company of committed peers and experienced Gestalt practitioners.
- Strengthen awareness of your distinctive presence
- Explore your impact and effectiveness as intervener at multiple levels of system
- Identify your access to both intimacy and strategic action
- Learn developmental practices to increase personal and professional mastery
Details to follow.
Sign up for our mailing list to receive updated information and full registration information!